Cambrian Hall is a residential-cum-day boarding, co-educational, English medium school affiliated to the Council for the Indian School of Certificate Examinations, New Delhi. The Council conducts two examinations, namely; the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE - Class X) and the Indian School Certificate (ISC - Class XII).
THE ICSE (CLASS X):
The Indian Certificate of Secondary Education has been designed to examine a course of general education through the medium of English.
Note: Private candidates are not permitted to appear for this examination.
THE ISC (CLASS XII):
The Indian School Certificate is an examination, conducted through the medium of English, after a two-year course of studies beyond the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (Class X) examination, or its equivalent.
Classes I to V:
Subjects: English (Language & Literature), Hindi, Mathematics, Environmental Studies, Science, Computer Science, General Knowledge, Moral Science, Art and Craft, Dance, Music, SUPW, Physical Training/Yoga and SEE learning.
Classes VI to VIII:
Subjects: English (Language & Literature), History, Geography, Hindi, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Sanskrit, Computer Science, Art and Craft, Dance, Music, Physical Training, Yoga and SEE learning.
Classes IX & X
1. Science stream:
Subjects: English (Language & Literature), Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History & Civics, Geography, Hindi, Mathematics, Home Science/Computer Applications/ Art/Physical Education, SEE learning and SUPW.
2. Commerce stream:
Subjects: English (Language & Literature), Commercial Studies, History & Civics, Geography, Hindi, Mathematics/Economics, Home Science/Computer Applications/Art/Physical Education, SEE learning and SUPW.
Note: English, Hindi, Social Sciences, i.e. History, Civics and Geography are compulsory and three more subjects are to be taken.
Classes XI & XII:
1. Science stream - English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Hindi/Art, Physical Education/Biology/Computer Science/Economics/Home Science, SUPW and SEE Learning.
2. Commerce stream - English, Accounts, Commerce, Mathematics/Hindi/Art, Physical Education, Economics/Home Science/Computer Science, SUPW and SEE Learning.
3. Humanities stream - English, History, Political Science/Psychology, Mathematics/ Hindi/ Art, Economics/Home Science/Computer Science/Physical Education, SUPW and SEE Learning.
The school year at Cambrian Hall begins in April and is divided into three terms:
- From first week of April to mid-May.
- From the first week of July to mid-December and
- Mid-January to March every year.
The assessment for promotion to the next grade is done based on the following examinations.
1. Two Unit Tests conducted in May/July and November/December.
2. Half Yearly Examinations are conducted in September/October.
3. Final Examinations conducted in February/March.
4. Homework/Project Assignments during both summer and winter vacations.
Note The ICSE Class X Examination is conducted by the Council for Indian School Certification Examinations, New Delhi in March.
About S.U.P.W (Socially Useful Productive Work):
It is compulsory for the students to pass the S.U.P.W Examinations (both in the ICSE & ISC examinations). Without qualifying the S.U.P.W., the Council will not issue a pass certificate, even if a student passes in all other subjects. The S.U.P.W. examination is assessed internally by the school.
Project work assignments in English, Hindi, Mathematics, History, Geography, Art, Commerce, Computer Applications, Home Science, Economics Applications are assessed by internal and external examiner appointed by the council. Science practicals are conducted as per the guidelines given by the council.
ISC (Class XII) Examination:
Students who have obtained a PASS certificate in the ICSE examination are eligible for the ISC examination which is equivalent to the Intermediate Examination for State Boards or the Class XII Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi. The ISC examination is conducted by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi at the end of class XII. One has to opt a total of five subjects offered by the school.
CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION TO CLASS-XI:
1. Science stream: 60% or above marks in English, 70% marks or above in Mathematics, Science and 70% in the aggregate in Class-X.
2. Commerce stream: 60% marks or above in English, Mathematics, Commerce, Economics and 60% in the aggregate in Class-X.
3. Humanities stream: 60% marks or above in English and Social Studies and 60% in the aggregate in Class-X.
Cambrian hall offers Social, Emotional and Ethical (SEE) Learning an innovative programme developed by Emory University, H.H. The Dalai Lama and other local partners including Max Foundation, to its students. SEE learning fosters the development of much needed emotional, social and ethical maturity among its staff and students. Through developmentally staged curriculum and lessons SEE provides tools for attention training, systems thinking and resilience among others and empowers students to engage with compassion and ethically as part of local and global community.